So here's my (growing) list of things that, at some point I had considered I would/could/should do, but decided...eh, fuck it:
- Eat anything containing insects.
- Go on a road trip.
- Run a marathon.
- Learn how to change the oil in my car.
- Cut butter out of my diet, even temporarily.
- Not waste any time.
- Have a spotless house.
- Making everyone around me happy.
- Go hunting.
- Gamble at a casino.
- Keep a diary.
- Waste my time taking the stairs just to get that minuscule amount of exercise, when the elevator is faster.
- Try to understand/be understood by toxic people.
- Wear uncomfortable pants because they look good or are in.
- Read a boring book just because it's a "classic" (I'm looking at you, Gatsby).
- Put up and/or shut up.
- Purposely tan.
- Give a crap about "social networking."
- Learn to appreciate modern art.
- Vote for the lesser of two evils rather than the best candidate.
- Deal with people who piss me right the fuck off.
- Read/discuss/think about any more Jane Austen books, especially if someone claims "Oh but this is the good one, it's not like the others!"
How you feel about the Great Gatsby is how I feel about Catch 22. When I just couldn't get through it the third time, I just gave up.
Post a Comment