Less than a month into my blogging and I have already broken my goal of one post a week or more.
In my defense, I was out of town for several days. The vacation from hell of which we shall not speak again. Or possibly shall. Dunno.
I've been in a pretty foul mood since I got back home. Among other disasters from this weekend, I discovered on this trip that my grandmother is losing her mind. She is 86, so she's lucky to have been healthy for so long. But this is the first time I've really had to deal with the idea that she's aging. I mean, she has been getting older for quite some time, but she was very physically and mentally healthy. But now, I'm starting to realize her mortality. I just hope she makes it to my graduation; she can't stop talking about how excited she is to have a PhD in the family.
In honor of my foul mood, here's a list of the 10 things I hate most right now:
1. Banks. They can't do anything right!
2. Sunny days when I have to work indoors.
3. When LBs computer makes our internet not work.
4. My messy house.
6. Dog poop and having to clean it up after it has been rained on.
7. Waiting in line to spend my hard-earned money.
8. Hypoglycemic attacks (2 in less than 24 hours! Woo!)
9. Shipments that require immediate attention.
10. My bladder, which can hold only a quarter cup worth of liquid.
Well enough of that; I'm getting depressed. So, in an attempt to cheer myself up, here's a list of the 10 things I love most right now:
1. My snuggly puppy and kittens. They brighten every morning.
2. Diet Pepsi. Caffiene without sugar! Woot!
3. My husband, who, after we get in a fight, has learned to always apologize, then give me my space just like I need.
4. A free scrapbook from my friend California K, who also makes me very happy regularly. Its color is what would result if lime and avocado had a baby, and came in a box with sushi packing tape. LB brought it in the house and said, "I have a gift for you, and it's not shoes." I said, "It's SHOES?!" But lo, it was neither shoes nor was it from LB. But it was still fantastic.
5. Teh internets and my T3 work connection.
6. Being able to skip 2 seminars because everybody thinks I'm still out of town.
7. Springy clothes. Like the season, not the metal twisty thing.
8. Honey mustard.
9. When some sweet anonymous soul moves the 10 gallon carboy that I was filling with water for me, thus relieving my back of that hideous task.
10. Shampoo that makes my hair silky and nice smelling.
Aaaand finally I must thank the Ultimate Blog Party 2008 and, specifically, Thrifty Jinxy. I won prize #94, a booklight. I recieved it last week, but, sadly, my dog ate it before I got the chance to use it. Sigh. He's lucky he's so cute.