- I always have an excuse to get someone else to change lightbulbs.
- I don't fall as far when I trip.
- My feet will never hang off the end of a bed.
- I can sleep as comfortably on most couches as if they were a bed (well..a lumpy bed. With cushions).
- My height wouldn't cause difficulties for me when traveling in prettymuch any foreign country (although my legs are still too long to sit comfortably in most airplanes - I think they are designed for toddlers).
- I generally don't have to look out for low-hanging branches when out and about.
- When we hug, my head rests comfortably on LB's chest and I can listen to his heart.
- I will never hit my head on a doorframe unless I am wildly uncoordinated.
- I can sit comfortably in most adult-sized chairs.
- I can sit and drive comfortably in most cars.
- At my height, I'm actually TALLER than the world average.
- I have a lower cancer and heart disease risk than my tall peers and am less likely to die in a car crash.
- I can experience and react to the world faster than tall people thanks to temporal binding.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Why I Love Being Short
I'm short. 5'3", to be exact, although I was 5'2" from about 7th grade until midway through college. A lot of the time I get bogged down and grumpy about all the negative sides of being short - things I can't do, clothes I can't wear, shitty things people do and say (folks, my head is NOT an armrest, and I DO have plenty of reasons to live, tyvm), etc etc. Today I decided to think about the positives of my height: