Tuesday, December 30, 2008

R is for Random

I got this meme (and the post title) from my friend velocibadgergirl over at Pardon the Egg Salad

The rules are as follows:
  1. I write 10 things that I love which begin with my assigned letter.
  2. If you want to participate, leave a comment here (with a working email) and I'll assign you a letter randomly (how else could I do it?)
  3. You write about 10 things you love which begin with your assigned letter (and I mean really luuuuurve, not like "oh I think Raid is nifty").
  4. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, then they do the same crap and we all have love lists.
Velocibadger girl gave me R using her scattergories dice, so, in order of whence they occured to me, here is my list of R things that I love:

1. RAINN - from their website: "The nation's largest anti-sexual assault organization." They gather statistics, educate the public, lobby for funding, provide a national crisis hotline (both on the phone and online), help victims connect with low-cost health and legal professionals in their area, all around, they help victims both directly and indirectly by trying to lower the abomidable rate of rape.

2. Ripe, fresh, juicy red raspberries - zomg teh best fruitz EVAR! I love rasperries so much I incorporated them into my wedding: our cake was flavored white chocolate, with a raspberry puree filling, buttercream frosting and topped fresh raspberries purchased that day from the local farmer's market. (I wish I had a better closeup of the cake on hand but you'll just have to deal with my ginormous clevage if you want to look at the cake).

3. Rice pudding - I like most rice puddings, but my family has a super yummy baked rice pudding recipe that makes my mouth water (and it's super freaking easy to make).

4. Randomness - Srsly

5. Ring - My engagement ring. It is a simple custom-made band of white gold. The center stone is a gorgeouse deep blue sapphire, with two diamond offsets. The stones are at an angle and the ends of the band are fluted around them. I never go anywhere without it.

6. Ruby Soho by Rancid - does that count as double? Nothing like an upbeat punk song about heartache.

7. Rum Balls - I made this recipe that DeeDee posted over at Fiddledeedee. Awesome. Chocolaty and nutty and rummy. And they only took me like 15 minutes to make.

8. Relaxing - What more can I say?

9. Reproducing - or, at least, pretending to ;)

10. Rocky Horror Picture Show, The - Let's do the time warp again! (It's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane).

1 comment:

velocibadgergirl said...

*wolf whistles at Queen Random's cleavage*